Wednesday 29 January 2014

Hitting The Road Again...sigh



Tonight I head for the train station leaving Krivoy Rog again and then to the airport tomorrow to leave for Canada.  (I'll probably already be enroute when most of you read this.)  This time it seems harder to leave than it has ever been before.  Harder because of so many uncertainties in the future - whether or not I'll be able to raise more support to continue life on the road,  wondering if things in Ukraine will get worse or not and what kind of country my Ukrainian family will have when I get back - even with the encouraging news from the Rada yesterday.  I really hate leaving especially at this time.  But, by faith I bought a return ticket for July.  Just in case you're wondering, I am not leaving because of the revolution.  My personal safety has never been an issue here.  My ticket was bought before things got really bad.  Please keep praying for Ukraine and the beautiful people here.

These past couple of weeks I have continued tagging along with the 2 Lenas visiting at some of the homes around town to spend quality time with the kids.  The kids are still excitedly talking about the opportunity they had to go to McDonald's for McJoyful Christmas.  On January 21st we had the last McJoyful on the road delivery to another children's TB hospital and to the men's home at Boorie Ooglie for those that can't get to McDonald's.  In all more than 3500 were part of McJoyful this year - 2500 in Krivoy Rog alone.  I'll let some of the photos speak for themselves.

While I'm in Canada I'll be in the Halifax area and I would be happy to come visit your church, community club or to have coffee with you and your friends and share my experiences about my life on the road.  Just drop me a line at blairslife1@gmail.com if you are interested.  Please continue to keep me in your prayers.  Till next time...я дюбдю вас!!


Playing the mummy game




McJoyful on the road at the TB hospital...





...and at Boorie Ooglie



A common scene throughout Ukraine lately



No comments:

Post a Comment