Sunday 29 May 2016

Things Are in Full Swing

These past couple of weeks have turned out to be quite busy despite a couple of visits being cancelled when some workers weren't feeling well and one day it rained so hard that driving was too dangerous. I got in a couple of visits to Boorie Ooglie Disabled home as well as to the Rehab Centre where Dima Z. does computer classes with the kids. I also helped out at English Club at Shelter Plus Civic and Cultural Centre. Then we've also been doing some trips to McDonald's.

As I've said before McDonald's in Ukraine is seen as an elite place to go and people will dress up to go there. We take for granted going once or twice a week in Canada but orphans and folks in disabled homes wont get there without the generosity of others. Because of that generosity we took a special McDonald's delivery to the kids at the TB hospital and spent some time with the kids. Then we took kids from the boarding school and some folks from Boorie Ooglie on outings to McDonald's. It was amazing to get them out of the institutions for a while and to spend time with them. My eyes started leaking when I saw some of the boys from the school folding up their placemats and putting everything in the Happy Meal box to take with them for a souvenir.

The day we took the Boorie Ooglie folks happened to be my birthday so in fun I asked the translator to tell them thanks for coming to my birthday party. Then they all started singing Happy Birthday and several of them prayed over me. It was an awesome time. Thank you so much to those who helped to make all of this happen. These memories will last a lifetime for so many of us.

If you would like to help me to create more memories of a lifetime for those who have so little please click the "donate now" button on the right side of the blog to give a gift on line. You can also see other giving options by clicking the "ways to donate" tab at the top of the page. I don't receive a salary or stipend for this work and every amount is a huge help and it will be appreciated by so many. Thank you so much.

Please keep me in your prayers. Thank you for seeing my heart. Till next time...я люблю вас!!

Delivering treats to Boorie Ooglie disabled home.


The candy bag made an appearance.

Dima Z. giving computer lessons

Making a special delivery to the TB hospital with Dima and Katya.



Kids from the boarding school playing a stacking game at McDonald's.


There's a lot of happy on that table.  A much better meal than they normally get at Boorie Ooglie.


One of the best birthday parties I've ever had.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment