Sunday 3 November 2013

A Quick Update

Yesterday I got back to Ukraine. The traveling went very well and I can't say enough how brilliant the staff were at the Bishkek, Moscow and Kyiv airports as well as the staff of Aeroflot. They made it so easy for me to get on and off of planes, getting my connection, collecting my luggage and so on. We even landed in Kyiv early and there was no lost luggage. The traveling could not possibly have been smoother. I thought it was so cool when changing planes in Moscow they wheeled me from the plane onto a special lift truck and drove me across the tarmac to my connecting gate. I was just expecting to be wheeled through the terminal. It was interesting to me driving past (almost under) all of those huge planes.

So now I'm in Kyiv for a few days to get my repairs double checked by Dr. Ziad who I will see tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to ditch the crutch which will free up my left hand so that I can do more and get around faster. I'm also anxious to get home to Krivoy Rog. Once there I will have time to think how to try and sort out my financial issues and decide if I'm going back to Kyrgyzstan when my 3 months is up here, or back to Canada to get a job. I'm praying for the Kyrgyzstan opportunity.

Since my accident I have been doing very well. I haven't had to use any pain killers as I have only had minor discomfort. I'm also doing much better than expected learning to do things with my left hand. Because my health was excellent to begin with, that is helping with the healing. It was a great feeling when 2 doctors thought that I was younger than I am and how they both said that I had very good blood and won't have to worry about heart issues. I also think I have lost some of that extra weight - although, still a ways to go there which will be much harder now that I'm back in the land of good chocolate. Right now I am only one metro stop away from the Roshen factory which has an outlet store.

So that's the latest with me. I'm doing okay. Thank you all so much for your prayers and words of encouragement since my accident. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. Thank you for seeing my heart. Till next time...я люблю тебя!!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God!God's plan for you will be revealed Blair.

    ReplyDelete