Monday 2 September 2013

Here I Go Again



Well my time in Krivoy Rog is over for this trip and it's time to be on the move again to Kyrgyzstan.  Tomorrow I take the night train to Kyiv and fly out of there on Wednesday afternoon and then I arrive in Bishkek Thursday morning.  I'm looking forward to seeing those beautiful mountains again and also having a team from my church in Canada come and visit in a couple of weeks.  And yet, even though it's for only 2 months, I will miss my friends here in Ukraine that have become my family.

This past week I spent tying up the loose ends and spending time with my friends.  I also tagged along with Lena T. again to visit the kids at the Rehab Centre.  As school started this week I was able to buy them some notebooks and pens to help with their school supplies.  As Lena D. is in charge of crafts for the Saturday programme, I delivered all of the craft supplies to her that I brought from Canada.  She was so happy to get them saying that it was like having a store in her living room.  Thank you to all who donated towards them.

Over the next 2 months, because internet prices in Kyrgyzstan are almost as high as in Canada and I have very little budget left, my on line updates will likely not be very regular.  I will not be answering emails as often either.  Once in a while when I do get to an internet connection I will post an update and photos.

As I mentioned in my previous blog entry I am needing a major financial boost so that I can continue this work here.  If you would like to help me with this you can click the link on the right side of the blog for LinK 127 to donate on line.  If you wish you can set up a monthly sponsorship there as well.  Please remember to specify that your gift is for me and what you may like me to use the gift for.  You can also mail a donation to the address below or send an e-transfer to blairslife1@gmail.com.  Canadian donations are tax deductible (but not those by e-transfer.)   Every dollar counts!

Thank you for your continued prayers and support and thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time... Я люблю тебя!



LinK 127
833 Canaan Mountain Road
Kentville, NS
Canada B4N 4K1

Pens and notebooks for the Rehab Centre kids




Because Natalie and I are both leaving and it was her birthday this weekend, it was a good excuse for cake.

It translates to:  Thanks for what you are!


It was delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment