Sunday 15 September 2013

Company's Coming


As I'm posting this a team of my friends from my church in Canada should be taking off on the first leg of their journey here to Kyrgyzstan.  I am looking forward to meeting them at the airport tomorrow afternoon and being with them for the next 11 days.  All of the preparations are done and everything is ready.  It is going to be awesome to have them here spreading lots of love around the Chui Valley.  I can't wait.

The needs here in Kyrgyzstan are many but I have narrowed my focus to two projects that I would like to complete while I'm here.  One thing is that I would like to raise $1000 to pay for coal that will be distributed to needy families in the area this winter.  There's a chill in the air today and winter will be here before we know it.  I am pleased to say that I have already raised half of that (thanks so much A.O.) so now I have another $500 to go.  The other thing is that I would like to buy new blankets and perhaps sets of sheets and pillowcases for the residents at the Kemin Senior's home.  The cost for this would also be about $1000.  Here in Kyrgyzstan being warm in winter is literally the difference between life and death.  Would you like to help me spread some warmth?

To help me with this or to help with my support you can click the link on the right side of the blog for LinK 127 to donate on line.  If you wish you can set up a monthly sponsorship there as well.  You can also mail a gift to the address below or via e-transfer to blairslife1@gmail.com.  Please remember to include a note to specify that your gift is for me and how you would like me to use it.  Canadian donations are tax deductible (but not those sent by e-transfer).  Thank you so much.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers.  Thank you for your support and for seeing my heart.  Till next time... Я люблю тебя!

LinK 127
833 Canaan Mountain Road
Kentville, NS
Canada B4N 4K1

My friends that are coming

Their beds are ready.  The blanket on the bed is the kind I would like to buy for the Kemon Seniors Home.  They are made locally here in Tokmok.  Buying them locally also helps to support the income of a wonderful woman who has a home business.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time together ,following what the Lord has for everyone!
    Blessings of His goodness,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete