Saturday 24 August 2013

Almost Time to Move Again



Things have been pretty quiet since the Mercy Trucks rolled out of Krivoy Rog.  Over the past couple of weeks many of us have been catching up with ourselves with some much needed rest.  As a thank you for helping out with the Mercy Trucks project we had a couple of days where some of the people who helped out were taken to the beach for some relaxation.  I have also been able to tag along with Lena T. to the kids Rehab Centre on her Saturday programme.  It's always so great to spend time with the kids there.

Other than that I have been starting to tie up loose ends here as in about a week I'll be on the move again as I'm going to Kyrgyzstan for 2 months.  I am a little sad to leave Ukraine but happy to get to Kyrgyzstan.  In a couple of weeks a team from my church in Canada will be arriving in Tokmok to help out with things there.  It is going to be awesome!

A couple of blog entries ago I mentioned that I would have to make some very hard decisions in the next few months about my life "on the road."  Well...basically it all boils down to resources.  Unless something big happens, when I come back to Ukraine in November I will not be able to sponsor any activities or needs as I will only have enough grocery money for a short time.  (I guess it's time to lose that extra 30 Lbs...lol.)  As it is, I will not be able to do much when I'm in Kyrgyzstan on this trip because of this.

What many people don't realize is that I don't get a salary from LinK 127.  LinK 127 just facilitates a way of refunding expenses to me by whatever amount is donated for me.  Any money that I use to help sponsor needs and activities comes from my own funds and now these funds are almost running out.  And because I'm a foreigner I am not able to get a job here.  When the funds are gone, I will have to give up everything, go back to Canada and get some kind of a job with the possibility of never being able to come back again.  Needless to say I am quite concerned about this as I really have no life in Canada to go back to anymore.  It would be very hard living there now with my heart over here any ways.

Even though I'm concerned I also have this peace knowing that I have been called to this work and I am not aware yet of any new calling to move on to something else with my life.  I am really believing for a miracle to be able to continue the work here.  As several people have reminded me when I was in Canada:  "God's will...God's bill."  So now it's the part where I have to wait and see what happens.  I don't really feel comfortable talking about this but as a missionary friend of mine who is in the same boat said recently:  ""if we don't say anything how would you know?  James 4:2 says " you do not have because you do not ask.""  So now you know, and I am asking.  Would you please consider helping me to continue to show love to orphans, seniors, the disabled and anyone else who really needs to see God's love in action? 

To help me to continue the work here you can click the link on the right side of the blog for LinK 127 to donate on line.  If you wish you can set up a monthly sponsorship there as well.  Please remember to specify that your gift is for me and what you may like me to use the gift for.  You can also mail a donation to the address below or send an e-transfer to blairslife1@gmail.com.  Canadian donations are tax deductible (but not those by e-transfer.)   Every dollar counts!

Please continue to pray for me.  Thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time... Я люблю тебя!

Happy Independence Day Ukraine!!!

LinK 127
833 Canaan Mountain Road
Kentville, NS
Canada B4N 4K1

Some very hard working people

At the kids Rehab Centre






No comments:

Post a Comment