Tuesday 24 September 2013

Well...It's Worse Than I thought!



I have finally a minute to sit down and write this entry.  I have been busy the past week and a half tagging along with my friends from my church in Canada who are here helping the folks of Act of Kindness and are spreading God's love throughout the Chui Valley.  After they leave on Friday and I have a chance to sort through my photos I will write more about their visit.  They have been doing great!

One day I was able to go with them to visit the folks at the Kemin Senior's home.  As I mentioned in my last blog entry this is the home that I want to buy new blankets for.  Winter can literally happen here any day now and temperatures can go down as low as minus 35C.  Being warm in a Kyrgyzstan winter means the difference between life and death (this is not an exaggeration; many do die here every winter).  When we toured the Kemin Home I discovered that the blankets they have now are not very good as you'll see in the photos.  They are worse than I expected and this brings a new urgency to me getting these replaced with some warm blankets.  I would like to raise $1000 and if I raise $300 more I would also like to buy new sheets and pillow cases.

As I also mentioned in my last blog entry I want to raise another $500 to buy 5 more tonnes of coal for families in need at Iskra village.  As it's cheaper than after winter starts, now is the best time to buy coal and today I will be delivering the first $500 for the first 5 tonnes to Larissa and Tanya. They coordinate distributing it and are so excited and grateful to get this jump on winter preparations.  10 Tonnes of coal will keep up to 15 families warm this winter.

Please please please will you consider helping me to spread some warmth for this winter?  It can save lives.

To help me do this you can donate on line by clicking the link on the right side of this blog for LinK 127.  You can also send a cheque to the address below or send an e-transfer to blairslife1@gmail.com.  Please include a note specifying that your donation is for me and where you would like me to use your gift.  Donations from Canada are tax deductible (but not those sent via e-transfer).  Every dollar counts!!

Thank you for seeing my heart.  Я люблю тебя!

LinK 127
833 Canaan Mountain Road
Kentville, NS
Canada B4N 4K1

At the Kemin Home



These are the kind of blankets I want to buy.

This is 5 tonnes of coal from last year.  I would like to buy another pile like this.

Another picture from last year.  Tanya is on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment