Saturday 27 July 2013

Circus Day



Last Sunday was circus day.  Natalie had made arrangements to take the kids from Dome Invalid (the children's disabled home) to the circus.  After the tickets were already purchased the home's director advised that she didn't want the kids to go offsite and would rather clowns or something like that come to the home instead.  Since Natalie's sponsors had raised money specifically for Dome Invalid I sponsored the tickets, some treats and a van, so that Natalie could be refunded, and we took a few of our workers here and some of the more able bodied folks from Boorie Ooglie to the circus instead.

It was really great to see the Boorie Ooglie folks enjoy themselves and spend a few hours away from the home.  The circus here is different from the 3 ring circuses in North America.  The style of it is actually what I picture when I think of a circus.  I guess you would say that it's a more traditional type of circus.  I won't say old fashioned because there was some modern stuff thrown in as well.  I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Other than that I haven't any new news to tell this time.  If you would like to help me to sponsor other activities and needs, or to help with my support please click the donations link at the right side of the blog for LinK 127 to donate on line.  You can also mail a donation to the address below or you can send an e-transfer to blairslife1@gmail.com.  Please specify that your donation is for me and where you would like me to direct your gift.  You can also arrange monthly sponsorship through LinK 127.  Canadian donations are tax deductible (but not those by e-transfer) and every dollar counts towards showing love to those who really need to see love in action.

I really appreciate your continued prayers and support.  In the next few months I'm going to have to make some very hard decisions about my life "on the road."  I'll talk more about that another time.  Thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time… Я люблю тебя!

LinK 127
833 Canaan Mountain Road
Kentville, NS
Canada B4N 4K1

The lady clown made me think of Olive Oyl

Dancing horses

You can't tell by the picture, I had no idea sea lions are so huge

Ira T and a bunch of happy folks

No comments:

Post a Comment