Sunday 21 July 2013

Boorie Ooglie



A couple of blog entries ago I mentioned 8 year old Maxim who we visited in the hospital when he was waiting for surgery to correct his lazy eye.  Since our last visit he had his surgery but unfortunately it wasn't successful.  As this was the second attempt to correct his vision there will be no further attempts.  He is now back at the orphanage.  As the government has branded him disabled with mild developmental delays he will not get a regular education and he will spend his life in institutions, possibly ending up at Boorie Ooglie when he gets older.  Needless to say I'm bummed out about that.  He is such a bright and sweet kid.  Maxim's only chance in life now is to be adopted into a family that will make sure he gets a good education.  This is one of those times I feel so helpless...sigh.

Other than that, this past week I went to help pick pears with Yura and Seroge and then deliver them to the folks at Boorie Ooglie.  As I have also mentioned in previous entries about the slop the residents normally get to eat, the pears were a very welcome treat.  I'll let some of the photos speak for themselves.  I was bummed out again when some of the residents couldn't have any because they had no teeth to chew them.  Then in one section, I guess you call her the ward attendant refused to let us give them out in her section because the doctor didn't authorize it.  Like REALLY  why would healthy fruit have to be authorized by a doctor?!?  It's not like these folks were waiting for or had surgery recently.  And yet this past winter I was giving out candy in that section...maybe she wasn't working at the time I was there.

So that's basically what I have been up to lately.  Tonight I'm going with a group of the more able bodied from Boorie Ooglie to the circus so that should be a good time.  It's always so good to see them get out of that place even for just a few hours.

I also still want to raise money to sponsor some more picnics for them this summer.  If you would like to help me to do that, to help me with other activities, or to help with my support please click the donations link at the right side of the blog for LinK 127 to donate on line.  You can also mail a donation to the new address below or send an e-transfer to blairslife1@gmail.com.  Please remember to specify that your donation is for me and where you may want me to direct your gift.  You can also arrange monthly donations through LinK 127.  Canadian donations are tax deductible (but not those by e-transfer) and every dollar counts towards showing love to those who really need to see it.

Again, thank you for your continued prayers and support and thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time… Я люблю тебя!



LinK 127

833 Canaan Mountain Road

Kentville, NS
Canada B4N 4K1 

Yura & Seroge in the pear tree


Yura & I passing them out at Boorie Ooglie

A welcome treat

Yura & Tolya mugging it up

No comments:

Post a Comment