Sunday 27 January 2013

Quality Time



The last 2 weeks I have been keeping busy.  I have been making my plans for my trip to Canada where I’ll be in just 4 weeks.  Wow, the time is flying by again.  So far I have my accommodations sorted but I still have some transportation issues for March while I’m in Hammonds Plains and there is such horrible transit service there.  I’ve got a lot of running around to do but I’m sure that will all work out.

Last weekend I helped Igor again at Shelter Plus and I have also tagged along to visit the girls at Sunshine Orphanage to spend quality time with themLena T. has now started bringing the younger group to church as well.  On one visit with Katya and friends the girls helped to make an apple cake and they played games while it was baking.  I had my bag of candy with me and went over to the boys section to hand it out.

One of the things I would really like to do is to get something together to spend time with the boys who don’t get as many visitors.  These are the kids who I think need good role models the most, some good men to build relationships with them and to speak into their lives.  The boys all like sports but God didn’t give me an athlete’s body lol so I wouldn’t be much good that way.  I have one idea of maybe getting a movie night together at the boy’s dorm with pizza and snacks.  Then to make “guy talk” less awkward for the boys I need to find at least one male translator.  There are fewer male translators than females here and it’s very hard to find one who is not busy.  Believe me, not being fluent or understanding much Russian is very frustrating.  I can read and sound out words but most of the time I have no idea what I’m reading.  However, I am starting to pick out more words from a conversation and my charades continue to improve.

Yesterday I went with Katya again and James, this time to Boarding School no. 4 where I had never been before.  It is quite a ways from our region, at least 45 minutes to an hour by marshrutka.  (Krivoy Rog is Europe’s longest city at 126 km.)  This is a group who looked to be in their early teens.  We spent time with them just hanging out and doing crafts and James made some of his balloon creations for them.

So that’s what I’ve been up to lately.  If you would like to help with my support or to help me to sponsor some activities please click the LinK 127 donations link at the right side of the blog to donate on line or you can mail a donation to the address below.  Please remember to specify that the donation is for me.  You can also set up a monthly sponsorship.  Canadian donations are tax deductible and every dollar counts towards showing love to those that need to see love in action. 

Thank you for your prayers and support and thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time… Я люблю тебя!

LinK 127
34 Wynn Castle Dr.
Lower Sackville, NS
Canada B4E 2H5

At church with the younger girl's group



Soooo tasty!


Crafts at No. 4 Boarding School

Every night lately these 2 birds have been sleeping right outside my window, even in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment