Sunday 6 January 2013

Merry (Orthodox) Christmas!!



Today is Christmas Eve here and last night it snowed making everything look like a winter wonderland adding to the mood of the season.  Yesterday we finished McJoyful Christmas.  We are all very tired but still very happy to have been a part of this amazing event which served about 2000 orphans, disabled and disadvantaged folks.  It was such a joy and an awesome privilege.  Now it’s a day or two of sleep (if that’s possible over Christmas) and then back to the “regular” stuff after the holiday.

I also soon have to make plans for my trip to Canada next month.  Right now I’m a little overwhelmed at the logistics that need to fall into place.  I have the return ticket where I arrive in Halifax on February 26th and then leave again June 6th.  It’s just everything in between that’s still not figured out – like a place to stay, arranging to get my personal running around done, finding funding for eating and to continue this calling, and so on and so on.  But I know that will all come together at the right time, and that God didn’t pull off a lot of miracles to have me do this to begin with only to leave me in Canada standing in the middle of the road so to speak.

While I am in Halifax I would be happy to come to your church or community group or even your house with your friends to share my experiences of life “on the road.”  Just let me know if you're interested and we can make arrangements.  There’s not much new news to tell right now as McJoyful has been all of the latest news up to now.  I’ll just post a few more pictures that speak for themselves.

If you would like to help with my support or my work here please click the LinK 127 donations link at the right side of the blog to donate on line or you can mail a donation to the address below.  Please remember to specify that the donation is for me.  You can also set up a monthly sponsorship.  Canadian donations are tax deductible and every dollar counts.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers.  Thank you for your support and for seeing my heart.  Till next time…Я люблю тебя!

LinK 127
34 Wynn Castle Dr.
Lower Sackville, NS
Canada B4E 2H5

I would like to wish all my friends and family in Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan and our Orthodox family a very merry Christmas!!   
С Рождеством Христовым!!




This is when we took McJoyful to the TB hospital.  I even wore the silly hat.  Other days while we were at the restaurant there were simultaneous McJoyful deliveries going on to the disabled homes for those who can't get to the restaurant.


Things can get a little silly sometimes at McJoyful...well okay...a lot of the time.  My hat doesn't look quite as silly now.






No comments:

Post a Comment