Sunday 3 February 2013

News From the Other Home



This past week in Krivoy Rog has been more of the same as the previous week.  Lena, Turat and I went to spend time with the girls at Sunshine Orphanage again yesterday.  As it happened Turat and I were both a bit early which gave us some time to spend with some of the boys who were around.  It was a nice mild day and the snow had gotten to the right consistency that I was able to show some of them how to make a good snowball…ahem...Okay, so you know where this is going…lol.  Now if I had my gloves with me it would have been a longer “lesson” but we went until our fingers couldn’t move any longer and the boys learned how fast I can really move.  It was a good day.

I also got some good news this week from Kyrgyzstan.  John and Tanya both sent me some new photos of coal delivery and distribution.  If you remember from my November posts enough money was raised to buy 10 tonnes of coal that will help to keep around 15 families warm through the winter.  At that time the first 5 tonnes were delivered and now the second 5 tonnes has been delivered.  This has been a HUGE blessing to the village of Iskra.  In a Kyrgyzstan winter staying warm can mean the difference between life and death…literally.  I just can’t say it enough - thank you so much to those who sponsored this.  You have blessed a lot of lives.

Other than that there’s nothing different to tell.  I’m still trying to work out some details for my visit to Canada and continuing on with my activities.  If you would like to help with my support or to help me to sponsor some more activities please click the LinK 127 donations link at the right side of the blog to donate on line.  You can also mail a donation to the address below.  Please remember to specify that your donation is for me.  You can also arrange a monthly sponsorship.  Canadian donations are tax deductible and every dollar counts towards showing love to those that need to see love in action. 

Thank you for your continued prayers and support and thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time… Я люблю тебя!

LinK 127
34 Wynn Castle Dr.
Lower Sackville, NS
Canada B4E 2H5


I love that they are also getting a goody bag to take home from Tanya who is on the right.  She and her mother and grandmother oversee where the coal is distributed.  This is but one of many things these amazing women do for their community.  (Some of the Halifax folk will notice that Tanya looks a lot like our Amanda G.)



Oh Yeah...I also had a little time one day to do some sight seeing around town.  This is Victory Square.

The Theatre

A different looking church than you usually see in Ukraine.

Yet another war memorial.  There's a LOT in this city.

Some boat house thingy.  This is in the area of the 1st settlement of Krivoy Rog.


No comments:

Post a Comment