Sunday 9 December 2012

Settling In and Catching Up



This week has been a week of GREAT relief.  I went to the airport in Bishkek for the second time early Monday morning to try and get to Ukraine again.  The customs guard had recognized me from the last attempt to leave.  I was relieved to see him stamp my passport so that I could board the plane.  The flights went great with no lost luggage and I got to Kyiv at the start of a big snowstorm.  Fortunately the bus got downtown before traffic got really snarled up.  I still had no winter clothes but had a nice warm train to Krivoy Rog.  Since I arrived in Krivoy Rog on Tuesday morning the weather has been fairly warm and I haven’t needed the winter clothes yet.  But that’ll change soon enough and I’m ready this time.

I was also VERY relieved to find that my computer could be fixed (at less than $40.00).  It has some new quirks and some features acting up but it’s at least useable for now.  So I have been working hard the last couple of days to get my paperwork and posting caught up.  Now that I’m back in Krivoy Rog, other than catching up on my computer stuff, I have just been settling in.  I’m still working out if I have ANY budget left for ministry.  Not having to replace the computer just yet is certainly a big relief.  I think I have just enough to pay my personal expenses for a while and an airline ticket to Canada in February.  This was a planned trip any ways as I have to get a new passport and get some things caught up there.  I'll talk more on that another time. 

I’m really looking forward to a busy season with McJoyful Christmas coming up and I’m anxious to get back to visiting the kids as well.  Other than that there’s not much news for now. 

If anyone would like to help with my support or my work here please click the donation link at the right side of the blog to donate on line or you can mail a donation to the address below.  Please remember to specify that the donation is for me.  Also, when you donate please drop me a message to let me know.  Canadian donations are tax deductible and every dollar counts.

Please keep me in your prayers.  Thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time…Я люблю тебя!

LinK 127
34 Wynn Castle Dr.
Lower Sackville, NS
Canada B4E 2H5

Here are some photos of things mentioned in the previous blogs that I couldn’t post before.

5 tonnes of coal being delivered


Grocery delivery to Orlovka Orphanage



Around Tokmok


View from the "new" apartment

Ala Too Square in Bishkek

Monument to the revolution of 2010 in Bishkek

Putting up the Christmas tree in Kyiv

No comments:

Post a Comment