Sunday 17 June 2012

Winding Down


It’s remained very quiet these last couple of weeks.  The Wright family (minus Emma and Bekah) went home last Sunday and I haven’t strayed far from home.  For those of you who follow me on Facebook yes, I did get bored but those who know me know that I get bored VERY easily and I think not having a TV magnifies that.  But believe me; I am not bored of Kyrgyzstan yet.  I just don’t get tired of the mountain views and I have a huge peace knowing I am where I am supposed to be. 

I only have one week left to enjoy those mountain views (for now) as I’ll be going back to Kyiv next Sunday.  So this week will be tying up any loose ends before I leave.  But going back to the boredom, the question is what to do.  Well…you find a bunch of kids and go to the zoo.

There was a travelling zoo in Tokmok and tonight we took the girls from the Dayspring home as well as Sergey and Anya’s boys to see the animals.  There were some animals there that I have never seen before and it was so much fun watching the kids checking everything out.  They got quite a kick out of feeding the camel.  I knew tigers are big but they are really HUGE.

The zoo was also Dasha’s first outing since she came home from hospital.  If you remember, 8 year old Dasha was born with 2 holes in her heart.  We sponsored her heart surgery through our Operations CAN be Done programme which was performed on May 26th.  After just 3 weeks I am amazed at how well she is doing.  Comparing before surgery and after I can see a big difference in her colour and her energy level and I notice that she is smiling a lot more.  Once she is totally healed in the next few months she will be able to run and play with the other kids and will finally be allowed to go to school and be a regular kid.  Her life has been dramatically changed. 

Also as part of my activities next week we’re taking the kids from Orlovka Orphanage to Issyk-Kul for the day.  For those of you who haven’t been to Kyrgyzstan, Lake Issyk-Kul is the world’s 2nd largest salt water lake and has some of the nicest sandy beaches anywhere.  It is so nice there.

So that’s the latest goings on for now.  Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads…and as a friend mentioned…also to the single Moms who’ve taken on both roles.

Thank you for your continued support and for your kind thoughts.  If you wish to help with my ongoing support or any of our programmes (or help me with gas money and treats for Issyk-Kul) just click the donation link for LinK 127 at the right side of this blog.  You can donate on line or find the mailing address under the “Details and Contact info” tab to send a cheque.  When sending a donation please include a note to specify where you may like your gift to be directed to.  (There’s a drop down box for on line donations.)

Thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time…Я люблю тебя!

At the zoo.  Dasha is in the red top standing in front of Anya.


No comments:

Post a Comment