Saturday 23 June 2012

The Last Day…For Now


Today is my last day in Kyrgyzstan for this trip.  I’ve got everything packed and the cleaning done.  Now I just have to kill time to go to the airport.  Needless to say I’m not in a jumping for joy mood at the thought of leaving this place again but I know I’ll be back sooner than later this time.  I am, however, looking forward to what might be going on in Ukraine this summer.  By the time most of you read this I’ll have already landed in Kyiv.

My last week here was busier.  On Tuesday it was the warmest day here so far this year - 94 degrees in the shade – which made it a great day to go to Hawaii beach.  Hawaii is a restaurant and park on a lake just outside of Tokmok.  They are also building a small zoo and have public swimming with a nice sandy beach.  I was also able to get to the baby orphanage to check up on Almaz and got to Orlovka Orphanage to spend some time with the kids this week.

Yesterday we took the kids from Orlovka to the beach at Issyk-Kul.  What a fun day that was.  The weather had cooled to around 80 degrees in the shade and, where it’s still the off season for a few more days, we had almost the entire beach to ourselves to spread out.  I’ll let some of the photos speak for themselves. 

So as I start another part of my journey I ask for your continued support and kind thoughts.  Thank you for seeing my heart.  

 Till next time…Я люблю тебя!


Hawaii Beach


It was so hot the squirrel just lay on his wheel.


Beach supplies








No comments:

Post a Comment