Monday 9 January 2012

Settling In

Well McJoyful Christmas is over for another year and I now have a moment to take a breath. This past two weeks has been a whirlwind with McJoyful serving over 2000 people as well as New Year’s, Christmas and now moving into a different apartment and the shopping and setting up that goes with it.

We had an AMAZING team visit from Pembroke who are on their way back home now and I sure have a new appreciation of the work that goes on from the other side when teams come to visit. The local team in Krivoy Rog are awesome and work very hard to make it so easy for visitors when they come. I’ll certainly never take for granted local hospitality when going anywhere again.

As I mentioned about shopping for the new apartment, I survived my first trip to the malls by myself pretty well. I managed to get there and back without getting lost and got almost everything I wanted or a good substitute. I’m still trying to get used to a different selection of products as well as not having other products available here. (Although it’s great being able to get cherry juice and Milka bars here.) I also still can’t believe how much cheaper and often better quality almost everything is compared to Canada.

I wish I could say my Russian is getting better but it’s actually more like I’m sharpening my skills at charades. So I guess I’ll have to invest in a language tutor – and maybe take a translator with me next time I go shopping. Other than that it’s just a matter of getting to know the city, settling into a routine and getting a game plan in place. Till next time… Я люблю тебя!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Blair - thanks for the update and keeping us posted - really encouraging for us back to hear to of all the great things that God is doing in your life as you settle in to do what "he" has called you to do! - Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete