Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year!


Well I finally had a chance to sit down and do this blog entry. I arrived in Kyiv on Boxing Day and spent a few days there before going to Krivoy Rog which will be my Ukraine home. I’ll be going to Kyrgyzstan probably in March for a few months as Ed wants to expand some of the work there. (More on that in the future.)

I went to Krivoy Rog with an amazing team from Pembroke who came over for McJoyful Christmas and since we arrived we have been going flat out being at McDonald’s every day and with New Year’s celebrations. It’s been great renewing friendships and being a part of this amazing event.

On New Year’s Eve we were at Sunshine Orphanage for a fireworks show that was better than the Canada Day fireworks in Halifax. Then we went to Church of Praise for an all night New Year’s party. What a fun time that was. I never heard of full contact musical chairs before.

Today after McJoyful at McDonald’s we took a load of Happy Meals to the home in Boorie Oglie which was a real treat for the residents. They loved having visitors as well as the treat. Boorie Oglie is a very emotional place for me as well as for Go Team Ukraine 2011 which will take too long to explain – you have to see it for yourself to get it.

Tomorrow we are back at McDonald’s again for some more groups coming for McJoyful Christmas. I’d like to wish everyone a great New Year. Я люблю тебя!


Independence Square Kyiv, Ukraine
The writing on the boxes is pronounced "Happy Meal"





No comments:

Post a Comment