Sunday 30 June 2019

Another Month Gone By

It's hard to believe that a second month has flown by already for this trip. Pretty soon it'll be time to get ready to go back to Canada, but I don't want to think about that just yet.

This past month I've continued to be busy. I paid another visit to the Boorie Ooglie home taking some treats for the residents and attending another service there. I can't believe how much better the general atmosphere is at the home with the corrupt staff gone. I can see a new brightness in the faces of the residents as well as the current staff.

For the rest of the month I tagged along with some of the Loads of Love team visiting public schools. The team has a network that now includes 21 schools that they visit regularly during the school year doing various activities to spend quality time with the kids. The team's presence in the schools is an encouragement to the students, teachers and school staff alike. My role was to practice English with the kids through games and conversation or just spending time with them. I have some photos of some of our visits below.

In my last blog entry I mentioned about buying an apartment here in Kryvyi Rih. The apartment I've been staying in is still available. As I mentioned last time real estate prices here are at an all time low and this would be a great opportunity for my work here. Having a permanent place would be a big help with costs and logistics and I could finally look into coming to Ukraine long term. It would make a lot so much easier. I can put together enough for half of the price but I have a ways to go to make it happen. Would you like to partner with me in this work?

If you would like to have more information or to partner with me please message me directly. You can reach me by email using the contact form on the right side of the blog or at blairslife1@gmail.com. Those of you on Facebook can also reach me on Messenger. Thank you so much.

Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for seeing my heart...я люблю вас!! Happy Canada Day!


Dina helping me to buy bananas and candy for Boorie Ooglie...

...and then helping to pass it out.



Singing songs with the school kids.

More songs at another school.

The blind object game where they wear a blindfold and gloves, pick an item out of the bag and then tell everyone what it is in English.

While the person is blindfolded...a teacher in this case...we do silly things with them to get a laugh from the other kids like take a selfie.

A puppet show at a school.  This story was about pride.

Tanya sharing a story at a school.

Sometimes the candy bag comes out.

In this game we were all tied together as a group while the teacher told a story.  (I didn't catch the translation.)  Then after the story the ribbon was cut up into bracelets.

No comments:

Post a Comment