Sunday 4 June 2017

Gearing up for Camp Season



It's been a busy couple of weeks getting some things done and getting some activities in before the camps start.  I celebrated my birthday a week early using it as an excuse (not that I needed one) to take some of the folks from the Boorie Ooglie disabled home on an outing to McDonald's.  Then my friend Tanya B. made it even more fun by showing up with balloons, party games and a Happy Birthday banner.  It was so much fun for me to see them having fun.  When I went to see them again this past week at the home, to treat them with bananas and candy, some of them were still talking about my birthday.

Other than my birthday celebrations we've been busy planning and preparing for the camps (we call these DVBS in Canada).  Then the other day a bunch of us took a day trip to the camp in Krasnovka village.  This is a summer camp that was set up to fill a void so that disabled teens and adults can go to summer camp and have a time away from the institutions.  The void being that in Ukraine all kids get to go to camp as well as the younger disabled kids but the older disabled ones have little or no opportunity to go.  A few years ago Ira K. with Loads of Love purchased a farm in Krasnovka and converted it to a place where these folks can get away from the city to relax, get some decent food and fresh air as well as get some quality time.  They also have various activities and a DVBS programme.  This camp has done wonders in enriching the lives of those who wouldn't otherwise have such an opportunity. 

So as we gear up for camp season that's the latest of my goings on for now.  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  Thank you for seeing my heart.  я люблю вас!!




Banana and candy delivery to Boorie Ooglie



Preparing for camps
At Krasnovka Camp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment