Sunday 7 August 2016

Readjusting Again



I've been back in Canada a week now.  Since I landed in Halifax last weekend I've been busy getting things caught up and trying to get things done as well as get over the jet lag.  There was so much to do that I wasn't expecting and, frankly, I am just exhausted.  Now that these things are mostly done I'm hoping that I can have an actual vacation to rest up before my job winds up for the season in the next few weeks.  I figured out the other day that I have actually been on the go with one thing or another for the last 2 years without stopping.

After being in temperatures of 30 to 40 degrees Celsius I'm still readjusting to the humid Atlantic Canada climate again.  I've also got a bad case of sticker shock.  Prices in Canada went up a lot while I was home and after seeing how the exact same brands in Ukraine are so much cheaper (usually by about 60%) I just can't see how corporations here can justify their pricing for basics such as food...okay, rant over.

Now that I'm back in Canada again people are asking me what I'll be doing next.  Before leaving Kryvyy Rih my friends were asking me if I'll be back at Christmastime for McJoyful Christmas.  I would love to but everything boils down to resources.  My calling has not changed and I am going back to Ukraine at some point when things come together to make it happen.  I still hope that I can get to stay there more permanently instead of going in for 3 months at a time as a tourist but for now it's time to wait...stay tuned.

In the meantime I would be happy to come visit your church or group to share all about my work and experiences in Ukraine with you.  Just drop me a line if you're interested.

Please continue to pray for me and for Ukraine.  Thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time...я люблю вас!!

Here are a few more photos of the last 3 months:

Happy Meal delivery to the TB hospital
One of my best birthday parties ever when I took the guys from Boorie Ooglie to McDonald's


We crammed all of this and more as well as 4 people into a small train compartment.



The day before my haircut.

It's all gone now.


No comments:

Post a Comment