Monday 18 November 2013

Another Update



This is another quick update to let you know what I've been doing.  On Nov. 12th I had surgery on my ankle and elbow to insert some titanium pieces to aid my healing.  The surgery went well and I was back at the seminary on Nov. 14th.  This has made a big difference in my comfort level and I notice improvement every day.  I also fooled a couple more doctors in thinking I'm younger than I am.  (I wasn't going to push the envelope and ask how much younger they thought I am.)  Thank you to everyone who have been praying and sent notes of encouragement.  It means so much to me.  The hospital I was in is the one where Dr. Ziad works and it is one of the best I've ever seen, well, actually the best hospital I've ever seen - despite the fact they serve kasha with every meal...yuk!!  Dr. Ziad, his colleagues and the staff of the hospital are absolutely amazing.  Just watching them do their work you can see the beautiful hearts they have.  A big THANK YOU to these wonderful people and to Dr. Ziad who did so much to arrange everything and to bring the costs down.

I have said in previous blogs since I started life on the road how wonderful people in Ukraine are to me, a total stranger.  I just can't say enough how amazing they are.  One of my room-mates in hospital, who had his own surgery to deal with, kept fussing over me helping me to do things, giving me fruit and even insisted on carrying my bag to the door when I left hospital.  Then there's the chief of surgery Dr. Jamal who drove me home himself and has come back to change bandages and to check up on me.  I've never heard of that kind of care in Canada.  Then over the weekend there was a group that stayed at the seminary.  We said very little to each other because of the language barrier - maybe 2 or 3 sentences the entire weekend, but when they left they gave me their leftover groceries.  But the best one yet is that I left my wallet at the bank machine.  It only had about $6 in it but also my bank card.  Someone found it and turned it into security and I got it back with nothing missing.  I'm told that never happens in Ukraine.  These are just a few examples of the amazing Ukrainian hospitality I have experienced and God's favour.  There's so much more I could write about on this subject alone.

So now I hope to get home to Krivoy Rog this week.  I'm waiting for the doctor's okay and someone to help me with my luggage on the train.  Once given, I am out of this expensive city like a shot.  I love Kyiv but I just want to get home.  Once in Krivoy Rog I'll be able to re-evaluate my financial situation to see if I'm going to Kyrgyzstan at the end of January or back to Canada to get a job.  Don't get offended but I don't want to go to Canada, at least not for a while and then only for a visit.  I don't feel that God has finished with me here yet, and He knows how much it'll take to convince me of anything.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers.  If you feel led to help me to continue to show God's love to those that need to see it you can send a gift on line by clicking the LinK 127 donations link at the right side of the blog.  You can also set up a monthly sponsorship there.  You can also mail a gift to the address below or send an e-transfer to blairslife1@gmail.com.  Please remember to specify that your gift is for me and include a note advising how you would like me to use it.  Canadian donations are tax deductible, but not those by e-transfer.

Thank you so much for your continued support and for seeing my heart.  Till next time...я люблю вас!!
 
LinK 127
833 Canaan Mountain Road
Kentville, NS
Canada B4N 4K1

1 comment:

  1. hope everything goes will and you can return to your home. God bless you.
    Love Catherine

    ReplyDelete