Sunday 11 November 2012

Time is Ticking Down…Again



Well my time in Kyrgyzstan is almost up for this trip.  In 2 weeks I’ll be back in Ukraine.  The time has just flown by.  So for this next couple of weeks I’ll be tying up things here for now.  The weather has been relatively warm during the day but still cold at night.  The electric heater died and I have been using the gas stove even more.  I’m told that heating season starts on November 15th.  I can’t wait.  Although, I did get a little excited yesterday when I saw fumes coming out of the central heating plant’s chimney and could hear it running.  But there’s no heat in the pipes yet.

These last 2 weeks I have continued my visits to the baby orphanage and having fun with the kids there.  I have also continued to try and learn more Russian and have come to the conclusion that Rosetta Stone is hideously overpriced and doesn’t help at all.  My charades, however, continue to improve.  Other than that I don’t have anything new to tell. 

I am still fund raising so that I can treat some kids at several orphanages here and perhaps the seniors in the Kemin home.  My original wish list was to buy fruit (which is a big treat here) for the orphanages at Orlovka and Red River and the disabled men’s home in Kemin.  I also want to take the kids at Orlovka on an outing, to buy blankets for the seniors’ home in Kemin and to chip in for coal for some needy families.  Unfortunately my wish list has gone out the window.  Right now I have raised enough that I’ll use to buy a few groceries for one orphanage.  Once I get that arranged I’ll post some photos.  I only have this coming week left to fund raise so that I can make purchases and have them delivered before I leave. 

If anyone would like to help out this week so that I can bless more children please click the donation link at the right side of the blog to donate on line or you can mail a donation to the address below.  Please remember to specify that the donation is for me.  Also, when you donate please drop me a message to let me know.  Canadian donations are tax deductible and every dollar counts.

Please keep me in your prayers.  Thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time…Я люблю тебя!


LinK 127
34 Wynn Castle Dr.
Lower Sackville, NS
Canada B4E 2H5


As Canada commemorates Remembrance Day this weekend I want to say a big thank you to the Allied vets who served and those who continue to serve.  Tokmok is about the size of Truro and I have seen no less than 5 memorials to WW II around town.  Here are photos of a few of them.

This is the main cenotaph.  Kyrgyzstan holds their commemorations on Victory Day May 21st.



No comments:

Post a Comment