Friday 23 November 2012

An Interesting Week

Well this has been an interesting week.  My computer died last weekend and I'm sending this from an internet cafe.  I had no idea how much I need a computer for my work until it went.  So now the "paperwork" is piling up for now.  I'll have it looked at when I get to Krivoy Rog to see if it can be repaired.  If not I'll have to find some money somewhere for a replacement.  Maybe it's time to start that diet and lose 20 pounds lol.  So this will be a "no frills" blog entry with no photos as there's no way I'm plugging my flash drive into a public computer.  Maybe I'll post photos another time when I get a more secure connection.

I have continued my visits to the baby orphanage and having lots of fun with the kids. (The orphanage won't allow photos any ways.)  I have also been trying to keep warm. I'll be so glad to be reunited with my winter clothes next week.  My apartment has no heat in the kitchen and bathroom and the living/bed room has VERY little.  Fortunately I have good blankets and the gas stove helps a bit but I'm looking forward to a warm airport.  It certainly gives me a new insight on why so many people in Kyrgyzstan freeze to death every winter.  

Speaking of warmth I want to say a great big thank you to those who submitted donations.  I was able to buy 10 tonnes of coal that will help keep up to 15 families warm this winter.  You can read more and see a photo of the 1st 5 tonnes being delivered last week at John Wright's blog at this web address

http://actofkindness.blogspot.com/2012/11/lots-to-do-before-we-go.html

I was also able to buy an assortment of fruit to treat the kids at Orlovka Orphanage.  I still can't get my head around fruit being a treat but I guess all of the dieticians are pleased.  With the money that was leftover I was also able to buy some staple groceries for the orphanage (flour, rice, oil, etc.).  When we went shopping for the groceries we met up with a couple from church who bought candy (now THAT'S a treat) some eggs and some chicken for the orphanage.  So the kids will have some good meals for a little while.  Again, thank you SOOOOOO much to those who donated.  It really did make a difference in a lot of lives.

Early tomorrow morning I'll be leaving for Kyiv and will get to Krivoy Rog next week for another 3 months.  I am looking forward to another McJoyful Christmas as well as all of the things going on here.  Then it will be Canada for a few months but more on that another time.

As I say so often- thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time...Я люблю тебя!

No comments:

Post a Comment