Sunday 22 July 2018

Winding Down

Wow I can't believe it's been over a month since my last update. This summer has flown by fast. A few of us did another banana delivery to Boorie Ooglie and we've been pretty busy with the Loads of Love camps having done camps in the Social Dorms, the Rehab Centre and the village of Green Field. I'll let some of the photos speak for themselves.

As things are winding down for me this summer it's hard to believe that I'll be back in Canada in just a week. This coming week we'll be doing another camp at an orphanage in the Ingulets region of Kryvyi Rih. Then it'll be a rush to the train station to Kyiv for my flight to Canada next Sunday.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for seeing my heart...я люблю вас!!

Every morning at the Social Dorms the kids were VERY anxious to get started.

The Social Dorms

Rehab Centre camp.  In this game the kids lined up.  The 1st person was told what to "draw" on the person's back in front of them.  Then each one in the line would draw the picture on the next person's back without saying anything.  The last person would then draw it on paper.  The closest to the "original" won.

Rehab Centre

Rehab Centre...Through the week kids would earn "likes" for being kind and helpful, remembering Bible stories, winning competitions, etc.  Then on the last day the likes were currency to spend in a market stocked with treats and practical items.

Green Field camp

Green Field

Green Field

No comments:

Post a Comment