Wednesday 30 May 2018

Quiet Time

Since I have a bit of quiet time this week I thought I'd do an update while I can. Things were pretty busy up until the end of the school year with continued visits to Svitanok Boarding school, the Rehab Centre and the social dorms. I also went with the team one day to a public school to be part of an English class. The kids had a LOT of questions about Canada. Although, with our multiculturalism some questions are hard to answer such as: "What is Canada's national dish, or national dress?" I always get a laugh at their surprise when I tell them we like perogies, holubsti (cabbage rolls) and other Ukrainian foods.

A couple of weeks ago I visited Boorie Ooglie (Brown Coals) disabled home taking a couple of cases of bananas with me. It was great to reconnect with the guys. This past weekend was busy with Shelter Plus having a pre-opening of the stadium they bought for their Penuel Christian Football Club and with City Day which is the birthday of the city of Kryvyi Rih. This week things have slowed down until the next wave of activities giving my body a chance to catch up; but, I would have liked to have had some more activities lined up. It seems that Canada Revenue is prolonging processing my tax return...such a pain. Hopefully soon my refund will be released and I can get busier.

So that's my goings on for now. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for seeing my heart. Until next time...я люблю вас!!


Craft time at the social dorms

At Boorie Ooglie

again at Boorie Ooglie

Computer class at the Rehab Centre.  This lab was sponsored with donations through Loads of Love and Dasha (standing on the right) conducts the classes.

English class at the school

Penuel Christian Football Club's new stadium

No comments:

Post a Comment