Friday 7 March 2014

I'm Still Around :)



It's hard to believe that I've been in Canada over a month already.  For those of you who haven't seen me this is just to let you know that I'm still around.  Where I have been staying is not served very well by public transport and I don't have the use of a car.  I can't drive any ways yet with limited motion in my arm.  So I haven't been able to get around much.

Speaking of my arm, I visited the orthopaedic doctor who advised me that a 3rd surgery will be needed on it.  It's all good though.  The bone is healed and the hardware can now come out.  After that I look forward to having a normal range of motion in my arm.  Now, to wait in line for 2 to 3 months for the surgery.

This past month I have been trying to keep busy by doing some on line things.  You may have noticed that on the right side of the blog is a link called Charitable Foundation Yasmin.  I have been working a bit on the English version of the site.  Charitable Foundation Yasmin was created by Dr. Ziad to help disabled orphans and children from needy families with things like surgery, medical care and rehabilitation.

You may remember from previous blog entries that Dr. Ziad is the doctor who coordinated my surgery in Kyiv in November and arranged with his colleagues to bring my costs way down .  He also does surgeries for kids helped through Loads of Love.  Check out the site for more information about Charitable Foundation Yasmin.

You may also want to check out the new buttons on the right of the blog.  I'm now on Twitter if anyone wants to follow me.  There is also a new button that takes you to an easier to use donation page if you would like to help me to resume life on the road to help make lives happier for those who need to see God's love in action.  You can also send a gift to the address below or an e-transfer to blairslife1@gmail.com.  (Gifts by e-transfer are not tax deductible.)  Please include a note advising how you may want me to use your gift. 

LinK 127
833 Canaan Mountain Road
Kentville, NS
Canada B4N 4K1

Please continue to keep me in your prayers and please continue to pray for Ukraine especially now.  Happy March 8th to my Ukraine and Kyrgyzstan friends and happy birthday Ed Dickson!!  Till next time...я люблю вас!!

No comments:

Post a Comment