Sunday 2 June 2013

On The Move Again


I'm down to the last few days in Canada.  On Thursday I leave for Ukraine for the summer and then to Kyrgyzstan in September.  Needless to say I'm getting more and more anxious to get back with each passing day.

I haven't been doing much new lately except tying up the loose ends before I go.  I'm still fund raising for the activities that I mentioned in my previous blog entry.  There are 50 kids at the Children's Rehab Centre that I want to take to McDonald's.  As I mentioned before, going to McDonald's is a huge deal in Ukraine and these kids just simply don't have the means to go there and McJoyful Christmas is still a few months away.  The cost to do this is $400 which includes Happy Meals and transportation.

As I also mentioned in my last entry I want to sponsor some picnics for the folks at Boorie Ooglie so that they can get out of the institution for a day and get a decent meal and some dignity in a beautiful park setting.  The cost for one picnic is $450 which includes food and transportation, and as I mentioned last time I would like to sponsor 4 picnics for different groups from the home.

If you would like to help me to pull off these activities or to help with my ongoing support please click the donations link at the right side of the blog for LinK 127 to donate on line.  You can also mail a donation to the address below.  Please remember to specify that your donation is for me.  You can also arrange a monthly sponsorship.  Canadian donations are tax deductible and every dollar counts towards showing love to those who really need it.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support and thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time… Я люблю тебя!

LinK 127
34 Wynn Castle Dr.
Lwr. Sackville, NS
Canada B4E 2H5

Another shot of last year's picnic for the Boorie Ooglie folks

While at McDonald's we like to play games with the kids to spend quality time with them.

These kids are truly thankful to have this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment