Wednesday 17 August 2016

I Am So (Mc)Joyful



When I checked the calendar of the university where I work I couldn't believe it when I saw that Christmas vacation fell when McJoyful Christmas is going on in Kryvyy Rih.  Then I checked airline prices, found a good price, checked to see what was left in the bank, talked with a few people and this past week a lot has come together quickly.  I've been back in Canada less than 3 weeks now and already I have bought a ticket to return to Ukraine in December for a few weeks.  I am sooo looking forward to being in Ukraine for Christmas; it is an amazing time of year to be there.  I am especially looking forward to being there for McJoyful Christmas as well as being with my Ukraine family and friends.

For those who might not know, McJoyful Christmas is when Loads of Love charity takes orphan children to McDonald's for a Christmas party.  These kids would not normally get a special Christmas meal and may not even get a Christmas party in the orphanages.  At McJoyful they play party games, have Happy Meals and are told the Christmas story.  As I mentioned in previous blogs McDonald's is seen as an elite place to eat and these children simply wouldn't get to go without the generosity of others.  So going there will be a huge treat for these kids...about 3 thousand of them.  You can read more about McJoyful Christmas here:  http://www.loadsoflove.org/mcjoyful-christmas.html 

I know it's a bit early to think about Christmas but if you would like to help me take some extra Christmas blessing to those who have so little I would really appreciate your help.  I want to take some craft supplies with me, things that can't be found in Ukraine and are light and easy to pack.  If you could donate some things or a gift to help me buy them it would be appreciated by so many.  If you wish to give a gift to help out you can just click the "donate now" button on the right side of the blog to donate on line.  You can also click the "ways to donate" tab at the top of the page for other giving options.  Thank you so much.

Please continue to keep me and Ukraine in your prayers.  Thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time...я люблю вас!!

 
One of the groups from McJoyful several years ago.

One of the party games at McJoyful is to put fries in the bun and then eat them as fast as possible with your hands behind your back.  Since it's a party for Jesus' birthday the burger represents a cake & the fries candles.

This was the year I told the Christmas story from the viewpoint of one of the wise men with my friend Igor translating.  In the picture was the point in the story about Mary being pregnant.  You had to be there; it was too funny.

Another group of happy kids from a few years ago with our hostess Katya.

No comments:

Post a Comment