Sunday 19 June 2016

It's Camp Season



Things continue to be busy here in  Krivoy Rog.  After the McDonald's outing for the Boorie Ooglie folks I had a couple of days off then it was right back at it.  On June 1st for International Children's Day I went to a celebration at the Rehab Centre and then it was on the night train to Kyiv with Yura for a whirlwind shopping trip for the upcoming camps.  School finished on May 27th and it's now camp season here.  In July most kids will be sent to summer camps at the sea but in the meantime the camps that I'm involved with are what we in Canada would call vacation Bible school.

The first camp started at the Rehab Centre on June 10th.  Currently there are 50 kids at the centre and we had a great time.  And then today as most of you are reading this we are on our way to the next camp in the village of каменполе (pronounced kam en pole' yeh - Stone Field in English) which starts Monday June 20th.  This camp will have 150 kids and we are combining 2 teams of volunteers.  With temperatures predicted to be into the 90's it's going to be amazing.  I put this dig in for the NS crowd.  I heard some had to put their heat on last week.  :)

That's all my news for now.  I'll update after the camp once we get back to Krivoy Rog since we'll have no internet in the village.

If you would like to be a blessing to those who have so little please click the "donate now" button on the right side of the blog to give a gift on line.  You can also see other giving options by clicking the "ways to donate" tab at the top of the page.  Every amount will help create lifetime memories and be appreciated by so many.  Thanks so much.

Please keep me in your prayers.  Thank you for seeing my heart.  Till next time...я люблю вас!!  Happy Father's Day!!

Children's Day celebration at the Rehab Centre.

Dima Z. and some of the Rehab Centre boys.

The Rehab Centre Director Tatyana with some of the girls.

At the train station in Kyiv with Yura after our whirlwind shopping day.

Most of our team for the camp at the Rehab Centre.

The letters on the ground are the camp theme "Under the sails."  The kids are holding team posters.

Group shot on the last day of camp.

I try my best to be a father to the fatherless.  These are some of my "sons"

No comments:

Post a Comment